Main Site    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Chat 

Board index » Archive » Scattered Leaves

Post subject: Offerings for Angels
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 pm 
Magicka Life Member & Ezine Contributor

I have been recently attempting to work with angesl. The reason why I say attempt is because I talk, they listen, they help. The only way I have learned to "hear" them is through number sequences. And they also came through on a board in Tarot Talk where we were drawing cards for the person that posted above us. I'm going to be purchasing The Healing With the Angels deck because I think that would be a good tool of comunication. Anyway, I have no idea what to leave them as an offering. I know that they like to drop coins around. Would that be a proper offering? Or do angels commonly like something else. I don't have an altar for them because I don't commonly have an altar for many of the earth spirits I work with and I kinda view the angels in the same way. Although I wouldn't call them earth spirits, I'd say they are more of a celestial spirt or a spirt that works with the divine. Any insight is welcome!! :D

FOLLOW MY INSPERATIONAL BLOG!!!
http://lindsayrebel.tumblr.com/

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:16 pm 
Tiphareth Sephira (Beauty)

I am also interested in this as well. But from what i've been able to gather on the internet, some people who work with angels tend to have an altar dedicated to them. Another source would say that their purpose is to assist us should we ask for their assistence so maybe they don't require offerings? I'm not sure. Don't take this as fact because i have only just begun studying angels and have not had much experiences with them.

I'm interested in reading what other more experienced people on this subject have to say :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:58 pm 

Faolan wrote:
Another source would say that their purpose is to assist us should we ask for their assistence so maybe they don't require offerings?

This is where I get confused as well, because when I ask a diety for assistance I leave them offerings. I have an offering plate in my garden for my fairies too.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 pm 
Magicka Guardian

Location: On Magicka's roof, scouting out her next tile victim
I do think that saying they don't need offerings just because they're supposedly made to assist us is a bit off (not referring to anyone here, just referring to whatever source Faolan mentioned). Even if the spirit you're referring to is just a familiar or something that works for you (as the angelsare said to work for certain deities), doesn't meant they don't deserve a gift in return of some sort.

That being said, have you tried using the tarot cards or numerology (or however you normally contact them) to see if you can get clues to preferred offerings? You mentioned that they can hear you and respond in some way.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:43 am 
Magicka Guardian, Life Member & Ezine
Magicka Guardian, Life Member & Ezine

I go with my gut. Personally from my experience with the Angelic energies they don't require any sort of offering. Their role is of service to us and I know some people may have a weird perception when it is said that you don't have to offer them anything as it is their role or at least their choice in their role to serve us. That doesn't mean you shouldn't offer something to them if that is what you feel intuitively you should do. But each angelic energy is different and each will connect with you personally on a different level so what to offer should just come from the heart. My prayers and my gratitude for the work I do with the angels and for their service and our exchange has always sufficed for me personally. But I will leave things if I feel called to such as a flower, or I'll do something in their honor like give a homeless person some food or pay for someones meal behind me in the store etc...

On another note the whole it is their role thing is more like... If I am someone who chooses a life to serve and I love serving and I am fulfilled by serving and get a deep connection with the divine by doing this and by doing this it makes me happy but it makes my creator happy and all around me happy I just love to do so. I don't need anyone to give me anything nor do I expect anyone to give me anything. If they desire to do so then I will not shun them but I will not ask them for anything as that is not what need be as the universe provides and I am taken care of by being able to do what it is i desire!

*Let NONE stop you, Or turn you aside!-Aradia

Deviant Witch - The Art of Witchcraft, Feri, Hoodoo & More!!
Find me on facebook!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm 

Thanks for the responses. I like what Michael said about performing random acts of kindness to honor them. I guess I'll just wait. If they want something they are bound to make it known.

Board index » Archive » Scattered Leaves