Main Site    Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Chat 

Board index » Archive » Scattered Leaves

Post subject: PAST LIFE???And my almost 4 year old grandson
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:15 pm 
Netzach Sephira (Victory)

My daughter called me last night. She said my grandson who will be 4 in May.
Out of the blue yesterday was talking about a dog. She asked him what he was going on about, and he told her, that he use to be a dog, and that a man with a shutgun killed him, he went into a long story of discription,and it floored her, The details that he said, and the way that he was so sure, and convincing.
So my question is.. Is this possible? Could of he been a dog.
My daughter, was pretty much flabbergasted, by his tale. That how would he even know about a man, a shot gun, or even a dog being killed. As she monitors thier tv, and he does go to preschool, but other then that, unless he is at me-maws , or my house, he doesn't go much place else.. Any thoughts of this revalation?

Post subject: Re: PAST LIFE???And my almost 4 year old grandson
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:06 pm 
Magicka Life Member & Ezine Contributor

That sounds very interesting, but IMO and in my beliefs human spirits and animal spirits are different. So I believe that a human spirit can only reincarnate into a human spirit.

FOLLOW MY INSPERATIONAL BLOG!!!
http://lindsayrebel.tumblr.com/

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:16 pm 
Netzach Sephira (Victory)

That is also my belief, that we stay either human or animal
After thinking about this, I'm wondering maybe if the dog was his familar in another life, and he felt it through this way...")

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm 
Admin Assistant & Life Member
Admin Assistant & Life Member

I believe that it's in Buddhism that they believe a soul can transmigrate from an animal to a human; maybe there's a connection there.

My beliefs, though, are similar to yours and Lindsay Rebel's in that this doesn't happen.

Briganta

~ House of Deities~

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:30 pm 
Magicka Guardian

Location: On Magicka's roof, scouting out her next tile victim
I believe I was an arctic fox in a past life (or rather, my soul was in a fox's body at one point and therefore has an imprint on it from that life) and have believed it since I was a kid. I'm also well-aware that this could just be psychological, but it's too deeply ingrained and affecting to simply be brushed off or ignored.

This idea of reincarnation is found in Hinduism and Buddhism, like Briganta said, but there tends to be moral reasons associated with trans-species reincarnation in those paths, generally. There is a modern sub-culture called therianthropy where members claim to be an animal of some sort internally/mentally, with the past-life theory being the most common explanation.

There are some interesting writings regarding this mindset out there that I can link you to if you're interested; though at such a young age I'd be hesitant to jump to a non-human animal soul just yet. Could simply be imagination or empathy (not the metaphysical kind, the regular kind) from remembering a story or an image of a dog.

So long post short, yes, I do believe it's possible and probable.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:21 pm 

silverphoenixwillow wrote:
After thinking about this, I'm wondering maybe if the dog was his familar in another life, and he felt it through this way...")

This theory makes sense to me. And maybe in this life he may have some sort of connection to a dog that may be an animal spirit that is with him. Maybe he internalized something that happened to that spirit....just a thought....

FOLLOW MY INSPERATIONAL BLOG!!!
http://lindsayrebel.tumblr.com/

Post Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 am 
Walk's in Truth

I would be interested in the links you are talking about, WhiteFox.

I personally believe that a soul could be human or animal, and that they could go back and forth; meaning a soul that was once an animal could progress to a human, or a soul that was human could progress to an animal.

Though I practice mostly Celtic and a bit of Egyptian in my daily routines and rituals, I have been doing much soul searching lately about our connection to the Earth, noetic science and Creation Myths. I was recently given a unique creation myth by Spirit. I started out with the intent being to write a creation myth for one of my fantasy stories. When I finished writing, I had no idea how much time had passed, I couldn't remember writing most of it, and the grammar and spelling were just too perfect. It has started to change some of my beliefs about our connections to the Gods and The Creator.

Anyhoo...I would be interested in those links! Thanks!

Post Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:37 am 
Fire Dragon

I beleive that in past lives you can be an animal. I beleive also that you can never be a fairy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 am 
Magicka Guardian

Location: On Magicka's roof, scouting out her next tile victim
Sorry for the late reply Bastette. Here are the links you asked for, and as always, grain of salt in hand as these are personal websites due to the subjective nature of therianthropy (though the ideas present are the most agreed upon ones within this sub-culture, so they're nice summaries).

http://www.project-shift.org/
http://akhila.feralscribes.org/essays/whatis.php
http://www.dreamofhorn.com/nest/feathers.html

Put therianthropy into google though and you'll pretty much end up with more of the same stuff, so if you don't like bird and mongoose you can find a horse or a cat person then :lol: I would also avoid the forums as they tend to get ridiculous community dramas just like any other internet forum. You can get some interesting views in them, but it's not always worth wading through the muck :lol:

Also, to keep from getting confused in case you run into this elsewhere, this use of the terms "therian" and "therianthrope(y)" is new. There's an older (and more "correct") use of the terms in anthropological texts referring to shapeshifters or mixed-species beings and in biology for taxonomy.

Enjoy.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:19 pm 
Walk's in Truth

Thank you!

Board index » Archive » Scattered Leaves